Join multi-award winning digital content agency Storyation as lead designer and play a part in delivering the best Australian branded content for top brands such as Destination NSW, NRMA, MetLife, Medibank and others.
The lead designer is part of Storyation’s digital content team and is responsible for ensuring that the visual content we create is creative, impactful and fit for purpose.
Reporting to the Digital Content Manager and working for a range of brands, the Senior Designer knows how to produce engaging visuals for social media as much as they know how to create a compelling presentation for a client.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for storytelling and a drive to create new and original content. They will demonstrate a thorough understanding of creating visual content optimized for social media as well as extensive experience working in InDesign.
The person we are looking for has the following types of experience and skills:
- At least 5 years of experience as a graphic designer in similar roles at content or marketing agencies, media publishers or in-house, or a combination thereof
- Experience developing concepts for social-first content, including formats such as TikToks, Instagram Reels, social media tiles and carousels, etc.
- Up-to-date knowledge of digital and social best practices, including social channel specifications
- An exceptionally high degree of proficiency in InDesign and other Adobe programs
- Exceptional aesthetic sensitivities for static and moving content/visuals demonstrated by proven work history
- Responsiveness to feedback and experience working in a business environment with partner clients
- Experience presenting/explaining work to clients and/or agency partners in partnership with the client team
- A high degree of confidence and experience designing pitch decks, research reports, strategy papers, and other non-editorial/content elements
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with other members of the social and content team to come up with engaging designs and ideas suited to the purpose of their channels
- Exposure to project management and workflow tools (e.g. Wrike, Trello, monday.com, etc.) to manage content and communicate progress or status of projects
- Experience designing and/or assembling social content natively in the channel would be ideal.
The Storyation team is close-knit, caring and high-performing. If you want to join us, you should know that there are four key behaviors we encourage in our employees to help make this a great place to work. These behaviors are:
- We prioritize healthy working relationships by bringing our team together in a structured and productive way, celebrating individual and collective achievements, fostering those little informal rituals that unite us and, with a hybrid working policy, we make sure to deliberately stretch the hands to team members. in person and online.
- We are constantly looking for ways to improve our processes by creating ways of working that benefit us and getting rid of processes that hold us back or make things harder than they should, allowing for the generation of collaborative and creative ideas. and leveraging the good processes of our parent brand Medium Rare.
- We confidently articulate our identity by making sure we tailor our pitch to the country we work in, leaning into and staying true to our strong Storyation brand and reputation, nurturing a positive relationship with our customers and showing them that we understand their world.
- We prioritize our integrity as a team and individuals by working hard to maintain high professional standards, seeking diverse and varied work and client opinions within our team, fending off unreasonable client requests and talking openly among ourselves about the state and progress of the business. .
NOTE: We can currently only consider applications from candidates who have Australian citizenship or Australian permanent residency; no recruiters, please.